Pradhan Mantri Jan Dhan Yojana (Hindi: प्रधानमंत्री जन धन योजना, English: Prime Minister’s People Money Scheme) (PMJDY) is National Mission for Financial Inclusion to ensure access to financial services.
Jan Dhan Yojna runs Banking Savings & Deposit Accounts, Remittance, Credit, Insurance, Pension in an affordable manner.This financial inclusion campaign was launched by the Prime Minister of India, on 28 August 2014 He had announced this scheme on his first Independence Day speech on 15 August 2014
Run by Department of Financial Services, Ministry of Finance, on the inauguration day, 1.5 Crore (15 million) bank accounts were opened under this scheme.Guinness World Records Recognises the Achievements made under PMJDY, Guinness World Records Certificate says “The most bank accounts opened in 1 week as a part of financial inclusion
Pradhan Mantri Jan-Dhan Yojana (PMJDY) is National Mission for Financial Inclusion to ensure access to financial services, namely, Banking/ Savings & Deposit Accounts, Remittance, Credit, Insurance, Pension in an affordable manner.Account can be opened in any bank branch or Business Correspondent (Bank Mitr) outlet. PMJDY accounts are being opened with Zero balance. However, if the account-holder wishes to get cheque book, he/she will have to fulfill minimum balance criteria.
1.If Aadhaar Card/Aadhaar Number is available then no other documents is required. If address has changed, then a self certification of current address is sufficient.
2. If Aadhaar Card is not available, then any one of the following Officially Valid Documents (OVD) is required: Voter ID Card, Driving License, PAN Card, Passport & NREGA Card. If these documents also contain your address, it can serve both as "Proof of Identity and Address".
3. If a person does not have any of the "officially valid documents" mentioned above, but it is categorized as 'low risk’ by the banks, then he/she can open a bank account by submitting any one of the following documents:
a.Identity Card with applicant’s photograph issued by Central/State Government Departments, Statutory/Regulatory Authorities, Public Sector Undertakings, Scheduled Commercial Banks and Public Financial Institutions;
b.Letter issued by a gazette officer, with a duly attested photograph of the person.
PMJDY Scheme Benefits
- a.Interest on deposit.
- b.Accidental insurance cover of Rs.1.00 lac
- c.No minimum balance required.
- d.Life insurance cover of Rs.30,000/-
- e.Easy Transfer of money across India
- f.Beneficiaries of Government Schemes will get Direct Benefit Transfer in these accounts.
- g.After satisfactory operation of the account for 6 months, an overdraft facility will be permitted
- h.Access to Pension, insurance products.
- i.Accidental Insurance Cover, RuPay Debit Card must be used at least once in 45 days.
- j.Overdraft facility upto Rs.5000/- is available in only one account per household, preferably lady of the household.
Apply today to become a CSP Agent
Dont waste opportunity